Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/11





link to DeviantArt



Every generation has a moment that defines it, my father would have been 8 or 9 when he heard about Kennedy's assassination. I was about 11 years old when I was woken up to watch the TV that morning, the image is stuck in my head but I can't remember if my eleven year old brain could understand what was going on and how it would effect me.

Osama Bin Laden got what he wanted... America has been bankrupt and has compromised it's own values through allowing it's officials to torture, enact the orwellianly named PATRIOT ACT, and literally lose a financial a war of attrition with an ambiguously defined enemy.
The Homeland Surveillance Infrastructure of the United States today would be enough to make even Stalin blush.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about that too, was 9/11 the main event in my generation? Guess i was considered all the shit it started...

    ReplyDelete